You’ve probably seen pictures of Noah’s Ark in children’s books, complete with giraffe heads sticking out the top. But the real Noah’s Ark, the one described in the Bible, was huge. It was amazingly seaworthy—a ship that kept the occupants safe during a year-long worldwide flood. Prepare to be blown away as you explore the life-sized reconstruction of Noah’s Ark.
The Ark Encounter is a one-of-a-kind, historically themed attraction. In an entertaining, educational, and immersive way, it presents a number of historical events centered on Noah’s Ark as recorded in the Bible. As the largest timber-frame structure in the US, the 510-foot-long full-size Ark is designed to be family-oriented, historically authentic, and environmentally friendly. Additional phases will be added over the years.
The Ark Encounter, a sister attraction of the popular Creation Museum, is a Christian evangelistic outreach intended to bring the Ark of Noah’s day to life. Located in Williamstown, Kentucky (south of Cincinnati and 40 miles from the Creation Museum), the Ark will equip visitors to understand the reality of the events that are recorded in the book of Genesis:
- The global Flood did happen as an act of God’s judgment.
- Noah and his family really did build a ship of the same size and dimensions as written in Genesis 6.
- All of the animals brought by God to Noah did fit inside the Ark.
- Noah and his family could care for all of the animals while they were on the Ark.
- The Flood of Noah’s day was a worldwide catastrophic event that resulted in large-scale human and animal death, leaving behind many of the plant and animal fossils and landforms we see today.
- God saved Noah and his family and the animals on the Ark, just as He had promised.
The Ark Encounter will take advantage of the latest environmental technologies to be good stewards of creation. Additional future phases for the attraction include a pre-Flood walled city, the Tower of Babel, a first-century village, a journey in history from Abraham to the parting of the Red Sea, a walk-through aviary, an expanded petting zoo, and other attractions that will uphold the truth of God’s Word.