At Bob Jones University we inspire you as a disciple of Jesus Christ to push the limits of your own creativity, skill and faith—all for the glory of God. We infuse every course with a biblical worldview and strive to offer the best academic experience of any Christian university. Our vibrant Christian community will support you as you build your faith, challenge your potential and prepare to follow Jesus Christ.
Within the cultural and academic soil of liberal arts higher education, Bob Jones University exists to grow Christlike character that is scripturally disciplined, others-serving, God-loving, Christ-proclaiming and focused above.
As a Christian liberal arts higher education institution we:
- educate regenerate men and women of varying educational backgrounds and proficiencies from across the nation and around the world.
- educate the whole person through a biblically integrated liberal arts curriculum.
- equip individuals with a biblical worldview and with the ability to defend that worldview.
- offer programs leading to undergraduate and graduate degrees in a range of disciplines in a residential environment supplemented by distance learning and professional development opportunities.
- foster spiritual, intellectual, social and physical development and cultural expansion of the individual.
- are committed to excellence in teaching by a godly, competent and professional faculty who are dedicated to furthering the University’s mission.
As a Christian higher education institution committed to helping Christian students grow in Christlikeness we:
- emphasize excellence and hold students accountable to pursue it for the purpose of developing character.
- teach individuals to apply the Scriptures to practical Christian living.
- seek to develop individuals who are committed to Jesus Christ as Lord, who are engaged in service and leadership in a biblically faithful local church, and who have a compelling concern for reaching the unconverted with the Gospel.
- are steadfastly committed to remaining faithful to the biblical doctrine and principles in our founding charter.
- develop a constituency of regenerated students who have adequate preparation to profit from a Christian college education.