An outdoor sanctuary featuring a replica of the tomb of Jesus in Jerusalem, Covington’s Garden of Hope opened on Palm Sunday in 1958. The Garden’s creation had been inspired by a 1938 trip to the Holy Land by the Rev. Morris H. Coers of Immanuel Baptist Church. Solomon Mattar, caretaker of the original tomb in Jerusalem, assisted by providing the exact dimensions of the original tomb and visiting the site in Covington. Mattar also sent over large stones from the River Jordan, where Jesus was baptized, and the Good Samaritan Inn, along with a boulder from the Wailing Wall. Sitting in the front of the garden is a small stone structure modeled after St. Joseph’s carpenter shop, where Jesus spent time as a boy. Open to the public.
699 Edge Cliff St. Covington, KY 41014