Waynesburg University educates students to make connections between faith, learning and serving so that they might faithfully transform their communities and the world.
Waynesburg University located in Waynesburg, PA, educates students to make connections between faith, learning and serving so that they might faithfully transform their communities and the world. As a Christian comprehensive University, we strive to inspire and challenge every undergraduate and graduate student to a life of leadership and purpose for the glory of God.
What You Need to Know
- We’re a private, nonprofit Christian university founded in 1849 by the Cumberland Presbyterian Church.
- We’re a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
- Our motto is Fiat Lux, or “Let There Be Light.”
- Our main campus is located in Waynesburg, Pa. We also have three adult centers in Monroeville, Seven Fields and Southpointe.
- Our 81 full-time and 180 part-time faculty members create a student/faculty ratio of 13:1.
- Our average class size is 25 students.
- We have a ratio of 49 percent men to 51 percent women.
- Our top areas of study are business, communication, criminal justice, education, forensic science and nursing.
- We’re one of only 21 institutions in the country to offer the Bonner Scholar Program, which provides approximately 15 community service scholarships to Waynesburg students each year.